Thursday, December 20, 2007

Ugh. My birthday.

Monday was my birthday. I seriously don't ever remember liking my birthday; for one thing, it's a reminder of another year gone by, for another, it falls in the winter, my least favorite season. Plus, it always seems in the way: during finals week (when I was in school and now that I'm teaching) and right before christmas.

But I always want to do something "happy" for it anyway so that my mood doesn't plummet even further. So for lunch, Jeff and Asher took me out to a nice restaurant, but unfortunately this turned out to be more hectic and harried than fun (thanks anyway, Jeff). And in the evening, my awesome friend Kristin insisted on watching Asher for a bit so that Jeff and I could go out on our own and actually have a conversation. We did and it was great. After that, the boys sang me happy birthday and showered me with presents.

But I still hate my birthday.


No comments: