Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A little milestone

Asher hit a milestone recently. He started putting sentences together. His "vocabulary" has been pretty extensive (for a toddler) for quite a while. Jeff even taught him to read some letters (and he even knows that Asher starts with "A" and that egg starts with "E"). He knows a wide variety of words, from the different colors to "google" (don't ask) to helicopter.

But putting sentences together is a whole new ballgame. He started out with 2 word sentences, like "more ballaboo", meaning more blueberries, or "two lello" meaning two things that are yellow. But then he started putting 3 words together, like "Ashy bubble no," meaning "I don't want to take a bath".
I guess this is why being a parent is so much fun; everything is so new and fascinating. I never knew what the process of learing a language was, and now I get to witness it first hand!


Here is a picture of our big boy on his 22nd month birthday. I can't believe he is almost two (but like my mom always tells me, he will always be his momma's boy).

1 comment:

Anna said...

OH MY GOSH, he is such a little man!!! I can't even handle how cute he is, he is such a big boy! And stylin'!!