Wednesday, June 25, 2008

How Not to Save Money

Being a less than 1.25 income family is not always easy. We're always trying to think of ways to save money and be frugal. We've had to give up certain luxuries, most recently, cable tv. And much to my dismay, I have had to give up my regular color/hightlight appointments with the hairdresser. So a few weeks ago I decided that I was more than capable of highlighting my own hair. I researched it on line, I looked at different options, I gathered all my supplies, and I was ready to go. A couple of hours later...


Need I say more? ORANGE!

After ignoring Jeff's pleas to call a professional to undo the damage (it was Sunday and I didn't want to wait till my hairdresser was available), I went back to the beauty store, begged the sales lady for help, and was thankfully able to have my all-over-brown hair back. Needless to say, I think I'll be happy without highlights for a while.

1 comment:

Anna said...

OH my gosh, that cracks me up! Thank you for experiencing that so I could have a good laugh! ;-) The home kits never seem to do the same job do they... Lame.