Sunday, March 9, 2008

Toddler Labor

One of the great things about kids is that they don't typically know the difference between work and play. Just about anything could seem like a fun activity or an adventure to them. For instance, occasionally I put Asher next to me on the counter while I wash the dishes and I give him a couple of plastic cups and a sponge and he absolutely has a blast. Or if I ask him to help me move the clothes from the washer to the dryer and then push the button to start it, he just thinks it's the neatest thing.
So last week I decided that we should wash our very filthy car. In a few minutes Asher was covered with bubbles and his clothes were soaking wet and of course he had a great time. He eventually lost interest but by that point the car was at least a bit more presentable .

No comments: